Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Please submit your application at least 30 days prior to your requested start of display. A complete application and supporting documentation shall be submitted to the Clerk’s Office, 500 Genesee Street, Delafield, WI 53018 or online.
Your application should include the following:
Complete and signed application.
Site plan showing the location of the sign(s) on the property and/or building.
Color rendering showing the dimensions, color and text of each sign.
$100 application fee per location to be made payable to the City of Delafield. **Non-Profit entities 501(c)(3) are exempt from fee**
ONLY non-profit applications can select from the seven locations listed on the map.
City Staff will review the application. If you have any questions regarding the status of the application please call the main office at 646-6220 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of approval or denial via email. **Please note: prior year applications are not kept on file** Incomplete submissions will be rejected.
Make Checks payable to the City of Delafield. Our address is 500 Genesee St. Delafield, WI 53018. You can also put the check in the evening drop box or pay with a check or cash at the City Hall Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Closed Holidays.
Please enter the specific dimensions of your sign if not included on your color rendering. Please see City of Delafield Municipal Code Section 52-233 for details on sizes allowed.
Please write a detailed description of where your sign(s) will be placed OR if you are a Non-profit, indicate which site on the pre-approved sign placement map. You can include photos or maps to help in your description below. Please note: Sign station #6 is school property. Written permission must accompany this application if you choose station #6. Sign station #2 is for the Kettle Moraine School District ONLY.
The seven locations on the map below are reserved ONLY for non-profit sign applications.
Please Review the City of Delafield's Municipal Code Section 52-233 for Temporary Signs. For signs ground mounted at St. John's Bay, please see Banner Standards.
1. The City will install approved temporary ground mounted banners promoting events for not‐for-profit community organizations only. The City’s Public Works Department will install and take down the banners.
2. Banner content shall primarily promote the not‐for‐profit community organization city event. Banners may include the logo of a corporate sponsor but no further corporate sponsor advertising.
3. For conflicting date requests, the organization that submits their application to City Hall first would get preference.
4. Banners may be installed a maximum of four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled event and shall be removed within three (3) days after the event.
5. Banners meeting the required size, materials, construction and mounting standards indicated below shall be provided to the Public Works Department at least one (1) week prior to the date it is to be installed. The City cannot guarantee timely installation for banners that do not meet the required size, materials, construction and/or mounting standards and for banners that are not delivered to the Public Works Department at least one (1) week prior to the date it is to be installed.
6. All banners shall be of uniform size with the standard dimensions being no greater than eight (8) feet in length and four (4) feet high.
7. It is recommended that all banners be two‐sided as both sides will be visible to traffic in most locations.
8. Banners shall include reinforced rope pockets along the entire length of the top and bottom of the banner. Ropes shall be provided through each of these pockets. Each of the two (2) ropes shall be twenty two (22) feet in length such that there is five (5) feet of excess rope at each corner of the banner.
9. Banners shall include reinforced corners with grommets in all four (4) corners.
10. Banners shall include reinforced air‐flow slits spaced as necessary to allow wind to blow through the banner to avoid damage to the banner on windy days.
11. The City is not responsible for damage to the banners.
Temporary signs may be authorized in any district for not more than 90 days at a time by written permit issued by staff, authorized upon a finding on the basis of information which shall show the size, shape, content, height, type of construction, location of such signs and period during which the sign will be displayed. The proposed signs must be necessary for the direction of the public and not contrary to the spirit and purpose of this chapter. Signs may be allowed upon payment of a fee for each permit and renewal of each sign. Entities with a 501(c)(3) tax exemption or entities that are eligible to apply for a 501(c)(3) tax exemption are exempt from paying a fee.
The size of a temporary sign may not exceed the maximum sign size allowable in the zoning district. See sections 52-230 and 52-231.
Any sign which is not fastened, anchored and resting on a permanent foundation shall be considered a portable sign and shall not be permitted in any district, unless approved by written approval by staff and issued a portable sign permit pursuant to section 52-239.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field