Park & Recreation Commission
- 7 p.m.
- 4th Monday of every month
- City Hall Council Chambers
About the Commission
The Park and Recreation Commission:
- Reviews and recommends to the City Council policies necessary for the governance of the city parks and recreation facilities and programs, which shall take into consideration and attempt to provide for, the social, physical and cultural well being of the citizens of the city.
- Reviews and recommends to the Common Council all budgetary, revenue and expenditure proposals relating to park and recreation facilities and programs.
- Serves as the official tree governing committee to review and make recommendations regarding tree planting, maintenance, removal, landscaping, and enforcement.
- The Commission shall also serve as the City’s Tree Board as required to meet the Arbor Day Foundation’s Tree City USA standards per Ordinance 687 adopted on April 21, 2014.
- The Commission shall be charged with developing and administering a comprehensive tree management program.
- The Commission shall be responsible for writing and implementing an annual community forestry work plan.
- The Commission shall also have all powers and duties enumerated in SS 27.09 Wis. Stats.
- View the Tree Board Page.
- The City offers Park and Recreation Programs through the Village of Hartland - Recreation.
The Park & Recreation Commission is made up of 1 Common Council member and 6 Citizen Members. The citizen members hold a 3-tear term.
- Matt Grimmer, District 5 Alderman
- Jim Reiher, Citizen Member
- Dave Brabson, Citizen Member
- Sherrie Flemming, Citizen Member
- Tim Turnock, Citizen Member
- Patricia Barwig, Citizen Member
- Michael Byrnes, Citizen Member
Visit our Boards, Committees, and Commissions Directory for email and phone information.
If you would like to serve on a Board, Committee, or Commission - please fill out an interest form. Common Council is on the application in case there is a vacancy and the Common Council would need to fill the position prior to the next election.